Our Spring 2024 Musical (Grades 3-5), is Finding Nemo, Kids. Disney’s Finding Nemo KIDS is a 30-minute musical adaptation of the beloved 2003 Pixar movie Finding Nemo, with new music by award-winning songwriting team Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Marlin, an anxious and over-protective clownfish, lives in the Great Barrier Reef with his kid Nemo, who longs to explore the world beyond their anemone home. But when Nemo is captured and taken to Sydney, Marlin faces his fears and sets off on an epic adventure across the ocean. With the help of lovable characters such as optimistic Dory, laid-back sea turtle Crush, and the supportive Tank Gang, Marlin and Nemo both overcome challenges on their journey to find each other and themselves.
Featuring memorable songs such as “Just Keep Swimming,” “Fish Are Friends Not Food,” and “Go With the Flow,” Finding Nemo KIDS brings a vibrant underwater world to life on stage in a story full of family, friendship, and adventure.
- All registered students, grades 3-5, must audition.
- Auditions for 4/5 grades will be held Tuesday, January 9, after school in the music room.
- Auditions will be held for 3rd grade Wednesday, January 10, after school, in the music room.
- Callbacks for 4th & 5th grade (if needed) will be held after the 3rd grade auditions on January 10. 3rd graders will not be called back. Not every 4/5 grader will be called back, and not being called back does not mean you don't have a part.
- A link to audition material will be available on the Musical Info Site (available late November). Each auditioning student will prepare a song & monologue (provided for you). The song and monologue should be memorized and should be full of energy and excitement. Remember that in a musical, singing IS acting!
- We anticipate a good bit of interest and we will not be able to cast everyone who auditions. For this reason, ALL students will need to audition, and it is likely we will make cuts.
- 7:00 P.M. Friday, March 22, 2024
- 4:00 & 7:00 P.M. Saturday, March 23, 2024
- Rehearsals are every Monday from 3-5:30 pm. for 4th and 5th grade. During January and most of February, 3rd graders will be dismissed at 4:30, but as the show date approaches, we will keep everyone until 5:30. We will give you a schedule once the cast is determined.
- When we do not have school on Monday (January 15 & February 19), we will meet Friday instead (January 19 & February 23).
- Additionally, we have a mandatory Saturday rehearsal and work day for committee planning, costume fittings, prop making, set building & rehearsal. This rehearsal is mandatory for every actor and at least one parent. This rehearsal will be Saturday, March 2 from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- Dress Rehearsal is Thursday, March 21, 2:30 - 6:30 pm.
- The registration fee is $150 which will be billed to your ren web account after auditions. You are not charged the registration fee if you are now cast.
- Attendance at every rehearsal is mandatory. Please do not audition if you cannot commit to every rehearsal.
- We will accommodate Cornerstone sports as best we can and avoid conflicts whenever possible. If a conflict should occur, Coach Faust and Mrs. Plate will communicate expectations with any of our 5th grade athletes who are in the musical.
- At least one parent from every cast member family will be asked to volunteer in an area of musical preparation and performances. Tonya Jones will be heading up our volunteers, and she will be contacting you for specific areas of help.
- The musical will be produced by Mrs. Laurie Plate, and directed by Mrs. Lisa Lewis.
- The registration deadline is December 21.
Registration for the Fall 2023 Middle School Musical (Grades 5-8), Aladdin, Jr. is now open! Disney’s Aladdin JR. is based on the 1992 Academy Award®-winning film and the 2014 hit Broadway show about the “diamond in the rough” street rat who learns that his true worth lies deep within.
The story you know and love has been given the royal treatment! Aladdin and his three friends, Babkak, Omar, and Kassim, are down on their luck until Aladdin discovers a magic lamp and the Genie who has the power to grant three wishes. Wanting to earn the respect of the princess, Jasmine, Aladdin embarks on an adventure that will test his will and his moral character. With expanded characters, new songs, and more thrills, this new adaptation of the beloved story will open up “a whole new world” for actors and audiences alike!
Students in grades 5-8 may register to participate/audition beginning Friday, May 12.