Lower School (K-4)
At Cornerstone, we believe in a hands-on, creative, and caring learning environment infused with biblical worldview teaching. Our teachers understand the importance of partnering with parents to develop the whole child: mind, body and spirit. Together we invest in our students to help them become the ideal Cornerstone graduate whose elementary and middle school grade experiences lay the foundation for Christian leadership in the world.
Cornerstone’s nurturing teachers challenge the students to do their best while exploring God’s world full of promises and ideas. Teachers provide whole group, small group, and individual instruction to meet all students’ learning needs. Strong language arts, math, science and social studies programs in kindergarten through fourth grade enable students to develop meaningful connections while understanding these concepts in the context of God’s world.
Lower School Highlights
- Biblically integrated curriculum
- Weekly chapel
- Mission service projects
- Emphasis on written communication through Creative Writing Workshop
- Strong phonics-based language arts program
- A strong problem solving, manipulative driven math curriculum
- Technology classes
- Foreign language instruction
- Fine Arts focus through music and art classes
- Connection to older students serving as positive role models to build a sense of community
- Aftercare available
"The most important thing about CCA is that it helps me learn. It has wonderful teachers from Mrs. Ostrowski to Mrs. Davis. Every day we have math. Sometimes it is as hard as trying to break a pencil and sometimes it is as easy as stepping on the floor. On Thursday, we go to chapel and sing praises to God and we sound louder than the Liberty Bell. But the most important thing about CCA is that it helps me learn."
-Isaac, 2nd Grader